In recent times, New Zealand has experienced increasingly extreme weather conditions. As a result, your client's job as a plantation owner is becoming riskier.
Our Plantation Timber insurance is designed to protect their forest from the increasing risks of fire, lightning, windstorm and hail.
Your client's plantation timber is valuable. This value increases as their trees grow and mature. With the right insurance, they can minimise the impact of threatening elements out of their control.
Call us today for an insurance policy that will help your client through these challenging times.
This is a limited summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, please consider the relevant Policy wording which is available on this website.
- What events are covered?
Our policy provides protection against the destruction of trees caused directly by:
- Fire (including backburning)
- Malicious acts
- What optional events are available to cover?
The following optional events are available to choose from:
- Windstorm (including remediation works)
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption
- What types of trees can be covered?
Most common trees insured are pine trees and eucalyptus trees, but other species will also be considered.
- How is the level of cover determined?
Declared value per hectare can be nominated, based on the age and variety of trees. We use this as an agreed value.
- Does the whole plantation need to be insured?
Yes. We can’t offer effective insurance if all of the forestry blocks at the property are not insured.
- Can carbon sequestration value be covered?
Yes, by including this as part of the $ per ha value for each block insured.
- Is there an excess?
Yes, and it will be displayed on the quotation or the schedule of insurance.
- Can a different excess be nominated?
Absolutely, we offer a range of excess levels to suit individual needs. And increasing the base excess will attract a premium discount providing better value for money.
- How to obtain a quote and arrange cover?
You will need to obtain a completed application form from your client and submit it to Primacy or you can log onto our online system and enter the details for a quote.
- What benefits does the cover provide?
There are a number of benefits available:
- Removal of debris
- Plantation infrastructure
- Replanting costs
- Claims preparation costs
- This is a limited summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, please consider the relevant Policy wording which is available on this website.
- What optional benefits are available under this cover?
Cover for firefighting expenses as an optional benefit is available under this cover.
- Why should my client choose to insure with Primacy?
Primacy's cover offers the following features:
- Harvested timber and malicious damage is included as part of the cover
- We provide contribution to capital costs
- We can offer shorter than our standard waiting periods
- When reviewing your client's claim, our assessors liaise with them to determine the best outcome in regards to constructive total loss
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
Redirecting to applications area
- When is a tree deemed destroyed?
A tree is deemed to be destroyed when the tree is damaged to such an extent that it is considered as no longer suitable for its intended purpose.
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide details such as the time when the loss occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the crops damaged, an estimate of the nature and extent of the physical damage and details of any other insurance policy under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.