Our climate is getting hotter. Extreme weather conditions are increasing. As a result, your client’s job as a plantation owner is becoming riskier.
Our Forestry and Carbon insurance is designed to protect their forest from the increasing risks of fire, lightning, windstorm and hail.
Your client’s plantation timber is valuable. This value increases as their trees grow and mature. With the right insurance, they can avoid the risk of having to start all over again because of threatening elements out of their control.
Call us today for an effective, supportive insurance policy that will help your client through these challenging times.
- What events are covered?
Our policy provides protection against the destruction of trees caused directly by:
- Fire (including backburning)
- Malicious acts
- What optional events are available to cover?
The following optional events are available to choose from:
- Windstorm (including remediation works)
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption
- What types of trees can be covered?
Most common trees insured are pine trees and eucalyptus trees, but other species will also be considered.
- How is the level of cover determined?
Declared value per hectare can be nominated, based on the age and variety of trees. We use this as an agreed value.
- Does the whole plantation need to be insured?
Yes. We can’t offer effective insurance if all of the forestry blocks at the property are not insured.
- Can carbon sequestration value be covered?
Yes, by including this as part of the $ per ha value for each block insured.
- Is there an excess?
Yes, and it will be displayed on the quotation or the schedule of insurance.
- Can a different excess be nominated?
Absolutely, we offer a range of excess levels to suit individual needs. And increasing the base excess will attract a premium discount providing better value for money.
- When are premiums payable?
The premium and Government charges are payable no later than 30 days after policy is bound.
- How to obtain a quote and arrange cover?
You will need to obtain a completed application form from your client and submit it to Primacy or you can log onto our online system and enter the details for a quote.
- What benefits does the cover provide?
There are a number of benefits available:
- Removal of debris
- Plantation infrastructure
- Replanting costs
- Claims preparation costs
- What optional benefits are available under this cover?
Cover for firefighting expenses as an optional benefit is available under this cover.
- Why should my client choose to insure with Primacy?
Primacy is the leading provider of forestry insurance and our cover offers the following features:
- Harvested timber and malicious damage is included as part of the cover
- We provide contribution to capital costs
- We can offer shorter waiting periods
- When reviewing your client's claim, our assessors liaise with them to determine the best outcome in regards to constructive total loss
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
Redirecting to applications area
- When is a tree deemed destroyed?
A tree is deemed to be destroyed when the tree is damaged to such an extent that it is considered as no longer suitable for its intended purpose.
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide the time when the loss or damage occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the insured plantation, an estimate of the nature and extent of the damage and details of any other insurance under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.