Kiwifruit is iconic to New Zealanders. It is used by millions to decorate our favourite dessert, Pavlova. It’s also among the most valuable crops in the world and one of the biggest players in the horticulture industry.
But growing kiwifruit is challenging because it’s vulnerable to unpredictable weather patterns. A single hailstorm at the wrong time of year can wipe out the entire season’s crop.
Here at Primacy, the success of our farmers’ business is important to us. That’s why we’ve designed two insurance policy options that will protect their delicate harvest against the devastating effects of hail or frost, or both.
So call us today and together we’ll make sure this iconic fruit gets the protection it deserves.
- What insurance policy options are available?
You can select from either or both of the following policy types:
- Kiwifruit Master Policy
- Kiwifruit Hail Top Up Policy
- What events are covered under the Kiwifruit Master Policy?
You can select from either or both of the following events:
- What does the Kiwifruit Top Up Policy cover?
Under the Hail Top Up Cover Policy, a claim is paid when your client suffers a loss under The Zespri Group Limited 2019 Pool Hail Insurance Scheme.
Your client nominates an agreed dollar value per tray and the estimated number of trays per block (limits apply). When a claim is accepted under the Zespri pool cover, we will compensate your grower for trays lost up to the nominated number of trays on the schedule of insurance.
- What cover level options are available under the Kiwifruit Master Policy?
Our kiwifruit cover is offered on a dollar per hectare basis which may reflect the gate return or, alternatively, the production costs.
The level of cover available, based on varieties are:
- Green varieties: $5,000 to $60,000 per hectare
- Gold varieties: $5,000 to $80,000 per hectare
- Is there a waiting period before my cover commences?
Waiting periods apply to both the Kiwifruit Master Policy and the Kiwifruit Top Up Policy.
The waiting periods under the Kiwifruit Master Policy are:
- For frost, 168 hours after 4pm on the day we receive the signed quotation acceptance;
- For hail, 48 hours after 4pm on the day we receive the signed quotation acceptance.
And likewise, the waiting period under the Kiwifruit Hail Top Up Policy is 48 hours after 4pm on the day we receive the signed quotation acceptance.
- When does the policy expire?
For both policies, regardless of when the cover is taken, the policy will expire when the crop is picked or at 4pm on 30 June.
- Is there an excess?
There is an excess applicable to the Kiwifruit Master Policy and it will be displayed on any quotation or schedule of insurance we provide.
There is no excess applicable to the Kiwifruit Top Up Policy.
- How to obtain a quote and arrange cover?
You will need to obtain a completed application form and submit it to Primacy or you can log onto our online system and enter the details for a quote.
- What optional additional covers are available under the Kiwifruit Master Policy cover?
The optional additional covers available are as follows:
- Increased production costs
- Constructive Total Loss (CTL) cover
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
Redirecting to applications area
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide the time when the loss occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the insured property, an estimate of the nature and extent of the damage and details of any other insurance under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.